Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Olympic Side-Eyes and New Sleep Schedule

I'm at work, and I've been up since 5:30. Yes, in the AM. Couldn't sleep for thinking about all the things I have to do this week! So forgive me for sounding a bit out of it.

I woke up and played on the Internets this morning instead of laying in bed and making mental to-do lists. I have a blog reader, which I luuurve, and I constantly add random (mostly funny) blogs to it. My ever-expounding list includes everything from Ryan Adams's blog (such wickedly beautiful yet disturbing musings by my favorite senile mind) to book reviews to puppy pics. But my new favorite, has got to be Side-Eye-Fever, whose subheading says "Fresh commentary about Black Hollywood served daily." Yeah. It's actually just a bunch of folks, who seem to be of the ghetto and the un-ghetto persuasion, who send in pics they find or take of people giving other people the oh-so-hilarious "side-eye." For instance... Nasty Nastia and the underage Asian Invasion. HILARIOUS.
And so. School starts tomorrow. I am taking my final two classes, plus an independent study (which basically means I have molded some of my actual work I'm being paid to do at the library into an outside research project to get credit for... go me.) I'm a Teaching Assistant this time around, and I have to work 10 hours at the school's computer lab... at 8am in the morning on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Which means that, yes people, I will be up at 6am or so on those days. Looks like I'm turning over a new leaf. Lights out at 10:00, folks. (We'll see how long that lasts.)

On that note, back to work. Here's to Michael Phelps for helping Ah-murrr-ica look good!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

You should definitely send in a pic of Oscar. He is king of the side-eye!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.