Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Best Day EVER - Part II

Now that I've expounded on what happened in the earlier part of THE BEST DAY EVER, which involved my love of reading, ghosts, and Mexican food... let's talk about music.

Most people who know me well, know that I am VERY passionate about music. I would rather lose a limb than lose my hearing and lose the tunes. It's true. And most people know that if I could listen to any artist for the rest of my life, it would be Ryan Adams. But here's the thing... before there was Ryan Adams, there was Fleetwood Mac. Oh yes.

Although my dad and his sister were big FM fans in the 70s, I attribute my introduction to Stevie & Co. to Anna Blumenfeld (Rebecca's older sister). I will never forget hearing "Silver Springs" on a tape player in the Blumenfelds' playroom when Rebecca and I were quite young (elementary school, maybe), and it's been my favorite song since. (I later passed on the love to Natalie as well.) "The Dance" was the very first CD I ever listened to in my car once I turned 16 and had the radio all to myself. And the sad part is, I never got to see them live. And after all of their shenanigans and drama, I never dreamed they would even think about getting back together.

THEN they announced a 2009 reunion tour, in which they'll be playing all of their greatest hits. They came to Atlanta, and I missed it and was heartbroken. THEN... on May 5, I got an email from Tickemaster announcing that FM was playing a Nashville show. On a Friday night. I immediately called my sister, and we got tickets. And I'm going. And I'm going to get to see FLEETWOOD MAC IN PERSON. Maybe Stevie's witchy ways will rub off on me somehow.


And that, my friends, was THE BEST DAY EVER.

No comments: