Tuesday, March 23, 2010

You Oughta Know...

Alanis Morrisette is working on a book that she likens to Jack Kerouac's collections of musings. She tells Spinner: "It's really turned out to be a very philosophical, non-precious, photograph, travelogue, essays -- a little ADD... It's all over the place, but there's a linear pathway throughout it all. It's kind of my fantasy book, the kind of book I wish I could read all the time from other people."  

They are quick to say this is not a memoir. So does this mean we will never really know if Dave Coulier inspired "You Oughta Know," or what it was like to (in my dreams) be with Ryan Reynolds? Regardless, I'm assuming it will be nothing less than absolutely indulgent for my inner 90's tween.

Sidenote: I had forgotten she was 21 in 1995 when Jagged Little Pill was released (and I was 13). Oh the angst-filled teen years.

No comments: