Wednesday, May 12, 2010

[30-Day Challenge} Day 12 - Hey Britney

Day 12 - A song from a band you hate

Took me a second to think of this one, since really all the traditional bands people love to hate (Nickelback, Creed, etc.), I am really just indifferent to. But do you know who I loathe? Whose voice just makes me cringe? Especially since I truly used to respect her and acknowledge she did some really crazy but interesting (and catchy) things in the music world... but now am so disgusted by her I can barely stand it?

BRITNEY. Ugh.

And this isn't a personal attack about her life or her kids or her K-Fed. Her music has just gone to crap. It used to be pretty damn good. And that "If You Seek Amy" song put me over the edge. This is the one thing my sister and I will never see eye-to-eye about.

This gem comes from "...Baby One More Time" (1999). It was actually one of my favorites of hers, although no one else ever seemed to talk about it. wikipedia put on its game face and gave me this bit of info without laughing at its irony:
Despite the song's innocence and purity, the song was originally sexual. The song was so sexual it made the then 16 year-old Britney Spears uncomfortable to record it saying "'This may be a little old for me.' Because of the image thing, I don't want to go over the top." The song was later rewritten into the innocent ballad it is now.
Anyway, here ya go, folks.  Enjoy. Try not to vomit.



I must say I got a good kick out of the dance moves and outfits. And floating six pack.

No comments: