Thursday, June 3, 2010

[30-Day Song Challenge] Day 15 - yeah, she's happier now

I'm ashamed to say this 30-day challenge has so turned into a 66-day challenge (and counting, seeing as I'm only on Day 15). But what a day it is!

Day 15 - A Song That Describes You

Ryan Adams - "Dance All Night"


She ain't lonely now
See her shuffle 'cross the floor
Yeah, she's happier now
See her smile and say 'come on'

Let's dance all night
Let's dance all night
Let's dance all night
Yeah, I think she'll be alright

I ain't lonely now
Yeah, I've got someone I love
Someone I think about
Someone for me to take care of

And dance all night
Dance all night
Dance all night
Yeah, I think I feel alright

She ain't lonely now
See her shuffle 'cross the floor
Yeah, she's happier now
See her smile and say 'come on'

Let's dance all night
Let's dance all night
Let's dance all night
Yeah, I think she'll be alright





This is probably one of the Ryan songs that I find most meaning in. While it does describes me directly at times, the song is more of an inspiration for the girl I WANT to be. It's like a mantra I try to keep in my head for when I get down. I strive to be the girl who just lets it all fall away while I put on my dancing shoes and prepare to dance all night, cause I know it'll be alright.

Many of you many know I've been pondering a Ryan tattoo for several years now... I want the rose, but I've also always thought about some of the lyrics to this song along with it. Any thoughts?

No comments: