Monday, June 21, 2010

[30-Day Song Challenge] Day 22 - Boo Freakin Hoo

Day 22 - A song you listen to when you're sad

I'm a hopeless wallower when I'm sad. And although I don't really have a go-to sad song, here are a few I have distinct memories of listening to in times of despair, which of course caused me to pitifully cry and cry like I was in a terribly cliche movie scene. But it really happens like that sometimes, yall. Love hurts. Pitiful.

Willie Nelson - "Always on my Mind"


Jeff Buckley - "Hallelujah"


Don Henley "Heart of the Matter"

On a sidenote, when I was a little girl and DSPA used to rock out to this in the car, I thought the words were "evenin' evenin'" like ol' Don was just singing to the nighttime.

2 comments:

RRB said...

EXTREMELY shocked to not see a Ryan song on the list.

Lauren said...

Well, I go to whole Ryan albums... there's no way to pick a particular song.