Thursday, June 17, 2010

[30-Day Song Challenge] Days 17 and 18 - The Radio

Day 16 - A song you always hear on the radio

"I and Love and You" by The Avett Brothers

I rarely listen to the radio, but I did go through a phase a few months ago where I listened online while at work incessantly. And it was during this time that I discovered my love for the Avett Brothers, because "I and Love and You" was playing nonstop. Almost to the point that I can't listen to it anymore.



But it is because of the Avetts, and someone's recommendations once knowing my love for them, that I've recently discovered Mumford and Sons, my favorite new band from the UK. They have this awesome bluegrass/rock thing going on, with a crescendo (my musical weakness) in almost every song. I would never call them dainty, but I love how you can tell they have excellent annunciation, as those Brits often do, and you actually fully hear the "t" sounds at the end when they say "heart," "start," and other words. Weird thing to notice? Maybe. But I do. (I think it's the result of having a mother who was a speech pathologist and chronic over-annuciator.) And no, "annunciator" is not a real word. Get over it.


Day 18 - A Song you Wish You Heard on the Radio


"Little Lion Man" by Mumford and Sons




(A warning - they drop the F bomb pretty blatantly in the chorus, so listen at your own risk at work.)

2 comments:

RRB said...

I actually watched both vids and liked both songs. Can you believe it?

I think you need to write a post about the art of fist pumping!

Lauren said...

I don't believe it. Nope. Not a bit.

You read my mind. :) And a teaser, it also involves praise music.