Monday, June 14, 2010

Confessions

I was inspired by humorist Tyler Stanton (love him) to CONFESS that...

+ I truly am a 14-year-old girl at heart. While my carefully crafted Facebook page may make me appear to be rather cool, I purposely exclude things like the following:
  • I <3 Glee and obsessively watch the episodes and listen to the soundtracks. On a regular basis. And I often cry and/or sing along when I watch. (Like my expert use of creating a heart out of mere numbers and other punctuation? Sexting, here I come! That was a joke.); 
  • Lately I've been reading books made for teenagers that might as well be Danielle Steele regurgitated to include vampires (and no, I'm not talking about Twilight... I've moved on to far worse pastures);
  • Seems I have more in common with my 17-year-old cousin than some of my friends my own age. Sample conversation from last weekend. Karly: "Hey did you watch 90210 this year?" Me: "Yeah! The finale was so crazy." Karly: "And Ian is soooo hot. OMG." Me: "Totally. Navid, too. Do you watch Vampire Diaries, because Damien is gorgeous and... " Karly: "No, that show is stupid. What are you, 14?" Uh huh;
  • I constantly rock out to musical gems like the soundtrack to Rent, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, and Phantom of the Opera. Wait, I'm not embarrassed by that at all!
In my defense, apparently I'm not completely immersed in teen culture, because I always have to get Rebecca to explain to me what things like cmsu and rotflmao mean. She's a high school teacher and is always current with her slang and those crazy texting acronyms. Obvs. 

+ Every time my roommate makes cookies and puts leftover cookie dough in the refrigerator (she likes to cook them in small batches), I get so excited because I know that means sneaky cookie dough dessert for me! (One small spoonful at a time.)

+ I often read the last page of a book when I begin it. And if something is stressing me out, maybe if a character will die, or break up, I'll flip ahead to see if I still see his/her name in the text or interacting with this person or that. This is a big confession, and I expect the backlash from my librarian/book world friends soon.

+ Until Glee came along to further humiliate me, I thought the words to Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'" were "Heaven's just a funny motion."

+ I LOVE filling out surveys. Whether it's filling out the paperwork at my doc office or one of those email surveys that go around. Perhaps this is relevant to the title of my blog. I like to talk about myself.

+ I got my sister fired from her first job. It's a funny story, actually. She's not at all bitter.

So what do you have to confess? Tell me things.

1 comment:

RRB said...

I made up cmsu myself.