Thursday, July 8, 2010

[30-Day Song Challenge] Day 30 - Way back when... July 2009

Day 30 - A Song You Loved From This Time Last Year

At this time last year, much the same as now, I had just returned from a trip to visit my family over the long 4th of July weekend. Michael Jackson had just died, and I had downloaded his greatest hits. And since I was readying myself to move to a new city in a new state, I was on the road a good bit. So there were lots of songs I remember constantly listening to. Here are a few of them:

Elbow - "One Day Like This"
(love the version below with the orchestra and choir accompaniment)
....Cause holy cow, I love your eyes

Jim James and Calexico - "Going to Acapulco"
 (from the I'm Not There soundtrack)

Cursive - "From the Hips"



Jenny Lewis - "Acid Tongue"
Gorgeous song. ...and I don't know what I've done...

And that concludes the 30 Day Music Challenge, folks! Only took me, ohhhh 3 months or so. Thanks for hanging in with me. :)

1 comment:

Uhmm...yep said...

The Elbow song is epic with the full on orchestra behind it! Well, now that you have (finally) finished, I guess it's time for me to start my own 30 day challenge...maybe I will come in just shy of 3 months!