Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I am the great Cornholio

Or, the reason why my sister and I share a weird sense of humor and bad habits of staying up way too late watching stupid TV shows.


So according to this article, Mike Judge is currently working on 30 new episodes of Beavis and Butthead, and for MTV, no less. Not a done deal, but definitely in the works. I'm stoked. Kinda. Natalie and I were forbidden, as most 8- and 10-year-olds were, to watch the show. But the second the parents went to bed, we headed straight for the den, and boyyyy did we want our MTV. In fact, 90's era seriously MTV aided in defining me (and likely scarring me for life) more than I even realize. Those were MTV's glory days. I very much remember the day Kurt Cobain died, watching the original Real World, and actually enjoying hours of actual music videos and pop culture news with Kurt Loder. Maybe this will bring a return of all good things.

My favorite part of the article:

Even better news for fans is that, should this come to pass, Judge plans on retaining the show's original ghetto-tech aesthetic, right down to the faded color palatte. The source also reveals that the Extract director intends on keeping B and B's format identical to its original sketch-videos-sketch incarnation, but with more contemporary music clips for the cartoon slacker-duo to skewer.
 I imagine their take on Lady Gaga won't be much different than Gar. Can't wait!


Here's a flashback for you. I'm sure my mother loved that I used to put my shirt above my head and walk around saying "Are you threatening me?!" Nice.

1 comment:

RRB said...

I'm going to be lame and say I hope it doesn't happen. I can just see my students pulling their shirts over their head and saying: "SeƱorita I need TP for my bunghole." No gracias!! :)