Tuesday, November 16, 2010

'Neath the Cover of October Skies...

It's been a while, friends. And I'm sorry for the delay.

But lemme tell ya... this month has been nothing short of magical. It's been reaffirmed several times over that moving to Nashville a little over a year ago was a good choice. (Not that I was ever really questioning it.) Tennessee's beauty truly shows itself off in the fall. Sure, the weather isn't perfect. It goes back and forth from warm to hot to chilly to can't-feel-your-toes... but the colors are magnificent. Yes, I said magnificent. Just gorgeous. And it awakes my soul. (If you get that reference, yes I'm definitely using a bit of foreshadowing there.)

I love October. Always have. I live for those 31 days. My version of Heaven, I think, would be 365 days of October. When it's always a marvelous night for a moondance. Probably because it's my birthday month, but also because of the colors, the breeze, the memories of the Peanut Festival at home. And of course, Halloween, my favorite holiday.

My mantra for the fall:





Now November has set in, and while I'm very much looking forward to the holidays, I'm mourning October. Here's a glimpse into the weeks since I last posted:

No comments: