Thursday, March 17, 2011

Erin Go Bragh!

I have never known what that meant until I looked it up a second ago. ("Ireland Forever," roughly.)

I do love St. Patrick's Day. Any day with an excuse to be silly and dress up and act the fool appeals to me. Here's a pic from one of my favorite St. Patty's Days, spent in Savannah 5 years ago with some of my favorite friends. It's also the weekend my best friend Lizzie (bottom left) met Kerry (top, 2nd from left). They're getting married in a few months.


Anyway, St. Patty's Day reminds me there are so many musicians hailing from Ireland who I love dearly. Here's a weee little sample for ya.

The Cranberries


Glen Hansard


Damien Rice


Van Morrison


Dropkick Murphys (who are my favorite Irish/Celtic influenced artists, though they're from Massachusetts)


Flogging Molly (lead singer is from Dublin)


Who can forget Sinead O'Connor?


And U2






Got stuck in a moment on U2 for a while and couldn't pick which one I wanted to post.

Happy St. Patty's to you! I'm seeing Bright Eyes again tonight at the Ryman, and then having LASIK surgery bright and early in the a.m. No green beer for me!

1 comment:

RRB said...

Dear goodness. How many times did we listen to that Cranberries CD? I still love it! :)