Monday, June 20, 2011

New Tunes for people who like New Tunes

Here are a few tunes I can't get out of my head. They may not be NEW, but they're new to me.

"Don't Let Me Go" by Korean is Asian
Korean is Asian is local band I heard a few weeks ago at Mercy Lounge, and I haven't gotten this song out of my head since. (Also I met the band, and they are just the friendliest of folks.) Give it a listen. It's truly a lovely song. Great vocals, as you can hear in this version, recorded live on the Ryman's steps. Go to their site for the studio version.


Música Realenga: Korean is Asian - Don't Let Me Go from FrecuenciasAlternas on Vimeo.


"Lost in My Mind" by The Head and the Heart
The Head and the Heart have made their way into casual conversation around here after impressive live shows at the latest festivals, and I have just fallen in love with them. They're based in Seattle and describe themselves on their Facebook page as writing and playing songs that speak to the newness of a fresh start, of the ghosts left behind, of moving forward, all brimming with a soulfulness and hope for a better life than the one we've all been sold. I dig it. 






"Gimme the Gun" by Shotgun Lover
Yes, this is a bit of a shameless plug for my friends, and I did take this video, but I can't get it out of my head for real. Their album I Hope You Die Alone was just released a few months ago, and they've already been writing away for a new album. This is the latest, and I love it.



Let me know what you think!

No comments: