Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dear Baby Hank

Baby Hank, who will truly be my first unofficial nephew, is on his way! One of my best friends just let me know she's been admitted to the hospital, so please say a prayer that all goes well!

Dearest Baby Hank,

We can't wait to meet you! Nanny Lala apologizes already for the cheek squeezes and moments of exasperation that are sure to come when you poop on her, but just know you are so loved already! Be sweet to your mom today, and don't make her regret this whole Hippie No Drugs thing.

Besides, you've already made her legs swell up like this:

Cankles

And made her belly THIS BIG!
Our First Picture - best buds already
So just come on along and don't be difficult, ok? And come out knowing that I will always have your back and keep your secrets. But you have pretty cool parents, so that probably won't be an issue.

Love you, little buddy!

Nanny Lala


(In case you're wondering, I call my aunt "Nanny." It's a New Orleans family tradition, and one I hope to carry on with my nieces and nephews.) 

No comments: