Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Chemicals Between Us

So did I mention that I spent the first few hours of my birthday with these guys?


In case you don't recognize them, this is the newly reformed Bush, as in British rocker Gavin Rossdale who recorded Sixteen Stone in the 90s. The guy who married and made beautiful babies with Gwen Stefani.  As in, the guy/band that I would have had pictures of taped to the inside of my closet as a teen if my parents had let me. As in, the first man to inspire my fangirl tendencies and the first band that seriously influenced my musical tastes for a long time. Yeah, that Bush. They played a Halloween Block Party downtown (as headliners, they didn't go on until 1am or so). They put on one hell of a show, playing all the fan favorites like "Everything Zen," "Machinehead," "Little Things," "Chemicals Between Us," and such, but also some new stuff from their newly released album The Sea of Memories, which I'm listening to and not hating.

I'll post a few videos below from the evening below, so you can get an idea. But I know you're all wondering, and yes, Gavin is just as, if not more so, gorgeous and charismatic and talented in his 40s as he was in 1994 when Rolling Stone released this issue, and my little teenage heart melted:
April 1996
But this is not a creepy fangirl thing. I legitimately loved their albums, and I never thought I'd have the opportunity to see them perform. And on another note, Gavin and I just so happen to share a birthday, so to my inner teen: You're Welcome. I did us proud. It's not as creepy now that I'm 29 and he's 46, right? Right.

Don't judge me. 

From the show:

Their new single, "The Sound of Winter":

No comments: