Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Surprises

If you follow this blog at all, you are probably aware of how sporadic my posting is, and especially lately. And for that, I apologize. But I want to share something with you today in hopes you will understand and perhaps even smile along with me.

For the past few years, I have struggled with a lot of things in life, but mostly with having patience with God's timing. I've never been one to fully embrace the idea that there's no point in making plans, that things tend to pan out eventually as they are meant to, and that you can seriously be set free from a life of worry and such by just letting go. None of those things fit into my plans, you see.

But it's funny how things work out. How with a little bit of hindsight, all of the things you see as mishaps show themselves to be integral in getting you to something big. How getting laid off can be the best thing to happen to your career and well-being.  How getting your heart broken can actually make you whole. You get the idea.

I'll spare you all the details, but I'll just tell you that for the past few years, I've been struggling while I've been waiting. Waiting on something, anything, that seemed to fit everything together. And about a month ago, I got an answer. Now I know that this doesn't make everything rosy, that all of a sudden life will change and heartache/struggle will no longer plague me. But it's big.

I got a job working for The Man. As in, the Big Man. Friends, I'm going into ministry.

.....

Gotcha!

But I AM working for a major global church, which is headquartered here in Nashville. (I don't want any of my views, opinions, misgivings, or embarrassments associated with my employer, so I'll leave WHICH church off... but if you know me, know that it's the church of which I have been a member since I was 16 or so up until my move to Nashville and joining Cross Point.) Oddly enough, my oftentimes odd career path (journalism/IT/design/library) gave me the ideal background to fill in exactly where I'm needed... and I'm doing some really important background work for the church alongside truly fantastic people. It's exciting and challenging... Good for the mind, body, and soul. With this comes answers to many prayers. Many are more personal than I care to share, but what directly affects me is gift of time, as I will no longer HAVE to work a second job and enjoy a shorter and more flexible work week. And with that being said, look for me to fill that time writing and working on personal goals, and sharing some of that with you. And I plan to FINALLY get a pup to call my own.

I very much hope that if anything, you can read this and be inspired and know that anything is possible. I sure didn't see this coming, and I'm in awe of how everything fell in to place as if (can you believe it?) someone else is in charge and orchestrating all the elements around me. So if you're stuck in a frustrating situation, and your life really doesn't look like what you thought it would - I urge you to hold out and see what happens, because it may that something is just around the corner, and that that something is even better than you could have ever planned.

No comments: