Here are just a few things that have taken up my time/thoughts as of late, aside from work:
- A baby shower in Birmingham. I can't wait to meet Cameron Rose in May.
- A beach trip to celebrate a 30th birthday (thanks for getting there first and leading the way, Em!)
- Snow Patrol, the Avett Brothers, Mumford & Sons, and Head and the Heart shows
- Nashville's first spring storm that had me hiding in the bathroom
- Easter Sunday after church with my sister and one of our closest friends
- The Tin Pan South Songwriter's Festival
- A trip to Dino Trek at the Nashville Zoo
- And some good ole hammocking
I've traveled three weekends of the past six, had my parents and grandmother up to visit, and knocked off some major bucket list items, as well as spent several weekends with all of my girlfriends - something that happens less and less often these days.
I've also been Dave Ramsey'd.
Financial Peace University. After years of mismanaging my finances, I've begrudgingly signed on for budgeting and saving. I can't say I'm enjoying it (in fact, I often now have more sleepless nights worrying how I will fit something in to my budget), but I have a plan now. And Lord knows I love a good plan.
Here's what I've been listening to:
The Lumineers - "Ho Hey"
Love this new band. I liken them to Edward Sharpe meets Head and the Heart.
Tired Poney - Get On The Road
Supergroup featuring Lisa Hannigan and Gary Lightbody (of Snow Patrol). This song was playing in the final scene on an episode of Shameless.
The Avett Brothers - Just a Closer Walk with Thee
They played this live in the show we went to, and it was just amazing.
Kudos, 2012 Q1.