Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer Reading! (?)

Head on over to the Uncontainable Truth, where I listed my Top 3 Must-Reads this summer. A hint: these ain't your usual beach reads. I'm gearing up for all the awesome books being made into movies this year.

If you haven't checked out the trailer for The Great Gatsby yet, do it NOW. I mean... Baz Luhrmann directing, Leonardo DiCaprio as Gatsby, and that's Jack White singing in the background. What's not to like?



I'm pumped. 


In other news, I have taken it upon myself to read up on what I'm calling "Modern American Classics." We're talking Vonnegut, Kerouac, Hunter S. Thompson, Pat Conroy, Chuck Palahniuk. I've found myself hopelessly unable to carry my own in a conversation about any of the aforementioned, and I'm remedying that. Looks like your girl's growing up. 

No comments: